Neck strain. Wrist pain. Hip and joint discomfort. For millions of office workers, every day could be the day musculoskeletal injury or discomfort can strike. Atlas understands how low-level discomfort can quickly cause lost productivity and possibly an injury claim.
That’s why we’ve developed the most comprehensive approach to injury prevention—one that is used by over 1 million office and work-at-home employees. No matter the size of your organization, Atlas can help you effectively avoid and reduce discomfort, and improve productivity.
We start with a customized approach
For any organization, cost containment and safety are the primary objectives—which is why Atlas has built a unique approach to include the broadest suite of solutions available, customized by client and site.
We help you avoid injuries
Employee Care - We provide care when an injury or discomfort occurs, which is critical to mitigating injury rates, controlling a claim, and reducing lost time. Often, employees seek treatment in local emergency rooms or clinics because they don't know where else to go. We provide personalized care that can often be effective without the need for outside medical treatment and its related costs.
- 24/7 Telephone Nurse Triage: Telephonic care is provided for all injury types through our partnership with TriageNow. Uniquely, we can link this service to our early intervention specialists to address musculoskeletal symptoms and their root causes more effectively than simply sending an employee to Urgent Care or an Emergency Room.
- Early Intervention Services: These services address musculoskeletal discomfort and injuries through OSHA-allowable first-aid measures and job-site coaching. Services can be provided onsite (full- or part-time) or performed at a local clinic (as needed).
- Atlas Soft Tissue Management (STM™): Any employee experiencing an increased awareness of heaviness, tightness, fatigue, or discomfort can benefit from Atlas STM™. By providing OSHA-allowed deep tissue massage, injury progression is halted or slowed and medical treatment and recordability can be avoided.
Ergonomics - Atlas knows how to recognize, evaluate, and control workplace hazards that contribute to musculoskeletal injuries. Ergonomic programs identify and reduce risk factors, prevent injuries, and save companies money by increasing efficiency and allowing workers to work more productively without pain.
- Develop or Refine Ergonomics Programs: We can help create a new program or benchmark your existing program against best-in-class ergonomic programs to identify weaknesses and areas needing improvement.
- Turnkey Support: We provide full-service ergonomics management support for your employees. We work with individuals to design an ergonomics plan, and then follow up to ensure the program is being followed and that the issues have been addressed successfully.
- Product Catalogs: We work with you to develop office furniture design standards and standard product catalogs to select from when making product recommendations. The standards ensure the products you use meet ergonomic design needs, are consistent so employees feel they are all being treated equally, and offer the potential for better pricing based on volume discounts.
- AtlasOffice™ Software: A cloud-based application giving your office employees the tools to self-assess and train themselves on proper ergonomics and ways to avoid discomfort and injury. If needed, AtlasOffice™ facilitates remote and onsite office ergonomics support activities.
- Remote and Onsite Office Ergonomic Support: As a first step for moderate-risk employees, or those in hard-to-reach locations, Atlas can provide a telephonic web-based assessment. For high risk employees, Atlas can provide onsite support from our nationwide network of ergonomic specialists.
- Training: Our training educates key staff members to become onsite ergonomic SMEs (subject matter experts) or team members. We educate them on assessing ergonomics risks and developing solutions. For all of our training programs, participants can be tested for competency following completion of the training.
We reduce the cost of injuries
No injury prevention solution or program is perfect, and injuries will occur. When they do, Atlas provides a variety of solutions to minimize cost and risk, and make sure your employees are provided convenient high-quality care.
- Onsite Physical Therapy: We provide physical therapy within your operations to make employee access easier, significantly reduce the cost of treatment, and provide a higher level of service based on a better understanding of the work to be completed. Services can be provided full- or part-time.
- Electrodiagnostic Functional Assessments (EFAs): We provide baseline and post-loss EFAs, which are provided through a partnership with Emerge Diagnostics, to confirm if a change in physical condition has occurred after an injury has been reported.
We provide 24/7 nationwide support
No matter where you work, Atlas is there. We have partnered with a select group of the best professionals across the country. Chances are there’s an Atlas professional in your community. It’s our commitment to keeping your people injury-free and your business on track.
Contact us today to learn more about our office industry injury prevention solutions.